BLACK CULTURAL AWARENESS
Where We Stand
- We value diversity of thought and the synergy of many voices working together.
- We embrace the uniqueness of black culture and seek to create work environments where staff can be their authentic selves.
- We cultivate the development and growth of black leadership.
- We promote physical and behavioral health with a focus on issues that affect the black community in disparate ways.
Living the Vision
- We aim to create and implement curriculum that focuses on diversity and cultural bias within the mental health field.
- We offer information and education on issues that disproportionately affect the black community (heart disease, women’s health, diabetes, etc.).
- A&C does not tolerate discrimination. Our Anti-Discrimination Policy ensures all employees are treated fairly with dignity and respect.
- We have reviewed our internal policies and procedures to ensure inclusive processes are in place.
- A&C is committed to addressing and providing solutions around mental health barriers and stigma within the black community.
- We are committed to partnering with organizations in the community to be a preferred resource for issues affecting the black community, mental health, addiction, child welfare, and other health and community concerns.
A Word from our CEO
Allen Brown – CEO
As social protests spread in our communities after the death of George Floyd, a black man died under police arrest in Minneapolis, it’s important for staff of Adult and Child Health to assert our belief that Black Lives Matter. The need for equality permeates the very mission and services we provide to persons who face all kinds of discrimination and we stand shoulder to shoulder with those protesting injustice, hatred, and racism.