Black Cultural Awareness
LIVING THE VISION
- We aim to create and implement curriculum that focuses on diversity and cultural bias within the mental health field.
- We offer information and education on issues that disproportionately affect the black community (heart disease, women’s health, diabetes, etc.).
- A&C does not tolerate discrimination. Our Anti-Discrimination Policy ensures all employees are treated fairly with dignity and respect.
- We have reviewed our internal policies and procedures to ensure inclusive processes are in place.
- A&C is committed to addressing and providing solutions around mental health barriers and stigma within the black community.
- We are committed to partnering with organizations in the community to be a preferred resource for issues affecting the black community, mental health, addiction, child welfare, and other health and community concerns.
Where We Stand
- We value diversity of thought and the synergy of many voices working together.
- We embrace the uniqueness of black culture and seek to create work environments where staff can be their authentic selves.
- We cultivate the development and growth of black leadership.
- We promote physical and behavioral health with a focus on issues that affect the black community in disparate ways.