24/7 Mental Health Crisis Support
(877) 882-5122

24/7 Medical Support
(877) 882-5122

Adult & Child Mental Health & Medical Concerns Support Information
(877) 882-5122

We Value Your Feedback!

Adult & Child Health is dedicated to providing safe and high-quality person-centered services to all those we serve. Because we believe patients, clients, and consumers should play an active role in their treatment, we also encourage self-advocacy and the ability for all to share their care experience or concerns. 

If you would like to share your experience, report a concern or complaint about the safety or quality of Adult & Child Health services, please contact our Care Experience Hotline (317-893-0319) or email at care.experience@adultandchild.org.

You may also complete a Care Experience Form and leave it with any Adult & Child Health staff or mail it to the following address:

ATTN: Care Experience
Adult & Child Health
8320 Madison Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46227


As a client, you also have the right to file your complaint/grievance with the Indiana Department of Mental Health and Addiction (DMHA), the governing body of all Community Mental Health Centers in Indiana. To learn more about this process, please visit DMHA’s website here. You may also submit a formal complaint to The Joint Commission, our accrediting body, by visiting its website here.

Sarah Miller, PMHNP-BC

Sarah Miller works with the addictions team, general psychiatry for adolescents and adults, and the competency restoration team. She is board-certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Her specialties are working in addictions and with people who experience serious mental illness.

Miller graduated from Indiana University with a psychology degree and went back to school for nursing. She received her nursing degree from Indiana Wesleyan University and worked in a nursing home and also spent time working in a group home with adolescents. She received her master’s degree from Vanderbilt University.

She enjoys hanging out with her family and her two dogs, and going to sporting events.

Joanna Chambers, MD

Dr. Joanna Chambers is a psychiatrist who began seeing Adult & Child Health patients in November 2021. She graduated from Medical College of Georgia with her Doctorate of Medicine in 1996 and completed her residency in psychiatry at Yale University School of Medicine. In addition to bringing a wealth of experience, she currently serves as an associate professor at Indiana University School of Medicine where she teaches Clinical Psychiatry. She is certified in Addiction Medicine and has a special interest in treating pregnant and postpartum women. She is President of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry Organization as well as a sitting member of many medical association boards. Recently, she has won the Residents’ Award for Teaching Excellence in 2020 from Indiana University and has received “Best Doctors Award” in 2010, 2011, and 2014. Dr. Chambers is incredibly active in the medical, academic, and research realms of medicine. She is currently accepting new patients on Wednesdays.